- Wealth of information regarding gut health and how to heal from SIBO, Candida overgrowth and celiac disease. Includes recipes and food lists as pertains to the SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet)
The Metabolic Typing Diet | William Wolcott, Trish Fahey
- Explores the idea that the same food that can heal one human can make another sick, because of our unique metabolic types. Includes self assessment and guide to how to eat appropriately for your metabolic type.
Younger | Sara Gottfried, MD
- Explains the difference between genes (your actual DNA coding) and epigenetics (the way your genes are expressed). Great information how to manipulate your own genes for better health. Anything from Sara Gottfried is a worthy read, in my opinion.
Medical Medium Life Changing Foods | Anthony William
- A beautiful hardcover book full of great images, but a must read for anyone interested in using food as medicine. Very detailed information surrounding symptoms, which foods can lead you to health, and why they will do so. A great guide for eating for wellness.
The Clay Cure | Ran Knishinsky
- Super quick & interesting read on the concept of ingesting clay as a means of detoxification.
- Understanding your body’s stress hormone – cortisol – is key to managing your health. Stress is not always a bad thing, but can wreak havoc on your body and sabotage your gym efforts. This book was key in my healing journey.
- This book explains female hormonal imbalances & gives a lot of tips on how to gain balance, the biggest of which is natural progesterone. It is important to test and understand not only your hormone levels, but ratios, in order to determine if progesterone is right for you. Regardless, lots of great information on hormones!
- Kind of complex (for me at least) but an interesting read regarding the way we eat in modern times.
Theory and Application of Modern Strength & Power Methods | Christian Thibaudeau
- Great background on how to program lifting workouts. I am no expert in this area, but this book gave me a good foundation on the science behind programming and how to work the appropriate muscles at the appropriate times.
- A staple in my kitchen. Paleo recipes with information on the best choices for Auto Immune Protocol diet at well. Simple recipes with lots of flavor. Find some plantains and get to prepping!
- This book is not for everyone (ie foul language) but it is 100% for me. I laughed out loud reading through this book and the recipes are great too. It is a vegetarian cook book, too!
- A useful guide to keeping your sanity and social skills while focusing on your health. Good recipes, easy to make, even includes meal plans and prep lists. Really love the concept of doing your best when you can and enjoying life when you can as well!